Saturday 27 September 2014

Cassie Cakes Goes to The Brisbane Cake Expo 2014

When I heard about the Cake Expo, I knew it was going to be an expo that I would need to be at. I've just come back and I have to say, I am excited about cake! I want to share with you the amazing works of art that I saw! It really was inspiring and I can't wait to use the new toys I got!
 
Cake Expo is on today and tomorrow. If you have time and you're in to cake, get down there!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
I DO LIVE AND LOVE CAKE!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
It was very, very busy and hectic. And almost exclusively women.
 

These sugar figures were all made with cutters. So impressive. They were for sale from Cakes by Ximena, all the way from Miami!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Absolutely amazing what can be made with sugar.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Too cute.

then there were the 3D fondant figurines. I loved these and they don't look too hard to do! I think I can work out how to do them! So cute.

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Penguins are a favourite of my fellow Cake Expo-er.
How could we go to the Expo and not have some cake ourselves! This was a very nice chocolate mud cake. 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Time for some cake!



These cakes were all entered into the cake competition. There were five categories and $2,000 in prize money. The entries were wonderful and inspiring!
 
These were in the Three Tier + Category...
 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Amazing details with cake lake and pearlised balls of fondant.

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Very geometric. And great flower!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
This Frozen themed cake was very popular.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
I voted for this cake made with wafer paper flowers. I really loved the simplicity and realistic flowers.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
This cake was amazing. Each sequin would need to individually pressed and dusted with gold.

These were the Two Tier category entries...
 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
This cake also featured wafer paper and the cutest cherry topping!
  

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
I liked the simplicity of this cake as well.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
This was my favourite of the two tiered entries. I thought it would be a great birthday cake.
  These were the one tier entries...


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Great use of cake lace and a wonderful gumpaste flower!

 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Monsters Inc and Toy Story themed. Imagine how long that Mike figure would have taken to dry!

 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Another Frozen themed cake. Notice the subtle embossing on the cake.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
An Indian Elephant themed cake! This one got my vote.
Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
How wonderfully cute is this cake! There were little drops of "paint" on the board too!


 


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
And closer up...look at his little face!

These were the Cupcake Tower entries...these were very impressive and must have taken a long time!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Such lovely garden party themed cupcakes.

 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
I can really see these at a lovely spring wedding.

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
More gorgeous, girly cupcakes!



Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Wonderful details!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
I just loved this animal themed tower!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Puppy friends!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Hey little fella!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
My fav little puppy.



Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Another animal themed with a few Elmos and Cookie Monsters thrown in.
Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
My favourite animals! PANDAS!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Nice and simple, this one was a lovely tower which I think I can replicate.

Now the Novelty Themed cakes! These were amazing and just so exceptional! I can't imagine how long they would have taken to do.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Some mice playing in a pudding bowl!
 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Notice her lemon half umbrella? So cute and creative.

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Love the egg and the expression on the mouse.


 

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
This Mad Hatter cake was out of this world!

Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
So detailed.
Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Hours of work went into this!


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
Amazing.


Cassie Cakes Brisbane Cake Expo
A lady walking her gentleman octopus.

All of these cakes were amazing. It was so fun to see all the tools and equipment and to see what can be done! I'm very inspired and hope to make a few things using fondant and sugar art very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy